Infertility Clinic Nurses will hear research regarding the impacts of IVF on developing embryos, as well as on the short-term and long-term health of children conceived by IVF. This course is an interview with Dr. Paolo Rinaudo, Professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology at UCSF, an MD PhD researching in the area of how IVF affects the children conceived.
This course is designed for infertility patients, infertility nurses and nurse practitioners, as well as other professionals working in the field of infertility or women’s health.
Participants will be able to:
- List the short-term impacts that IVF has on kids conceived by IVF.
- List the two long-term impacts that IVF has on mice in animal studies.
- Identify the impact of a mother’s malnutrition on an embryo.
- Identify the impacts of Dr. Parker’s study of low birth weight as related to pregnancy health.
- Identify risks and benefits of the following options in IVF.
- Day 3 vs. Day 5 transfer
- types of culture mediums
- Invocell- in vivo maturations
- List environmental factors that patients can manage pre-pregnancy and during pregnancy.
Nurse/Nurse Practitioner Continuing Education Information:
1.25 Hour CE credit by NPWH (estimated time to complete course 1 h 15 m)
* A certificate of completion will be immediately awarded online upon successful completion of the course including passing a 10-question quiz (with a score of 80% or higher) and completing a course evaluation.
Accreditations and Approvals:
This activity has been evaluated and approved by the Continuing Education Approval Program of the National Association of Nurse Practitioners in Women's Health for 1.25 contact hours, including 0 contact hours of pharmacology. NPWH Activity number 19-13. Each participant should claim only those contact hours that he/she actually spent in the educational activity.
*Course Date: 5/2019. All content presented herein has been collected and presented with the best knowledge and intent possible at the time of recording.
Your course will remain active for 90 days from purchase date.