How can infertility nurses help patients cope with pregnancy loss? Our expert on this course is Dr. Poonum Sharma, a Licensed Psychologist specializing in reproductive issues. She is a long term member of the Mental Health Provider Professional Group at the American Society of Reproductive Medicine.
Participants will be able to:
- List what percentage of pregnancy end in miscarriage after the woman knows she is pregnant.
- List four factors that may impact how a person processes the grief for a pregnancy loss.
- Explain two ways a nurse can support a patient who has experienced a miscarriage or stillbirth.
- List two symptoms of compassion fatigue that nurses should be aware of.
Nurse/Nurse Practitioner Continuing Education Information:
1.0 Hour CE credit by NPWH (estimated time to complete course 1 h)
NPWH Approval Period: 03/26/2021 - 03/26/2023
* A certificate of completion will be immediately awarded online upon successful completion of the course including passing a 10-question quiz (with a score of 80% or higher) and completing a course evaluation.
Accreditations and Approvals:
This activity has been evaluated and approved by the Continuing Education Approval Program of the National Association of Nurse Practitioners in Women's Health for 1.0 contact hours, including 0 contact hours of pharmacology. NPWH Activity number 21-08. Each participant should claim only those contact hours that he/she actually spent in the educational activity.
*Course Date: 1/2021. All content presented herein has been collected and presented with the best knowledge and intent possible at the time of recording.
Your course will remain active for 90 days from purchase date.