What are the causes and treatment for male infertility? What lifestyle factors impact fertility in men? We talk with Dr. Natan Bar-Chama, Director of the Center of Male Reproductive Health at RMA of New York and a board-certified Urologist and Male Infertility Specialist; and Dr. Eleanor Stevenson, a Professor and Chair of Division of Women, Children and Families at the Duke University School of Nursing where she focuses her scholarship on improving the emotional and informational needs of men experiencing infertility. She is the co-founder of All About Fertility , a website providing resources on male infertility.
Participants will be able to:
- List 3 causes of male infertility.
- Identify 3 lifestyle factors that can reduce male fertility.
- List the parameters that are assessed in a semen analysis.
- List 2 first-line treatments for erectile dysfunction.
- List the lifestyle changes that should be recommended for men with reduced fertility.
Nurse/Nurse Practitioner Continuing Education Information:
1.0 Hour CE credit by NPWH (estimated time to complete course 1 h 15 m)
NPWH Approval Period: 9/28/2020 - 9/30/2022
* A certificate of completion will be immediately awarded online upon successful completion of the course including passing a 10-question quiz (with a score of 80% or higher) and completing a course evaluation.
Accreditations and Approvals:
This activity has been evaluated and approved by the Continuing Education Approval Program of the National Association of Nurse Practitioners in Women's Health for 1.0 contact hours, including 0 contact hours of pharmacology. NPWH Activity number 20-XX. Each participant should claim only those contact hours that he/she actually spent in the educational activity.
*Course Date: 6/2020. All content presented herein has been collected and presented with the best knowledge and intent possible at the time of recording.
Your course will remain active for 90 days from purchase date.