One hour audio course where Dr. Alex Quaas, a reproductive endocrinologist with Reproductive Partners Fertility Center–San Diego discusses the criteria used to diagnose Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS), including the latest information on the symptoms, causes, and treatments for PCOS.
This course is designed for infertility patients, infertility nurses and nurse practitioners, as well as other professionals working in the field of infertility or women’s health.
Participants will be able to:
- Identify the primary symptoms of PCOS and how it is diagnosed.
- List the causes or theories of causes of PCOS.
- Explain the impact of PCOS on general health and on fertility.
- List the additional health risks that women with PCOS face, including general health and cancer risks.
- List the lifestyle changes that can benefit both overall health and fertility health of a woman with PCOS.
- Explain the treatments most commonly used to help a woman who has PCOS and is trying to get pregnant.
Nurse/Nurse Practitioner Continuing Education Information:
1.25 Hour CE credit by NPWH (estimated time to complete course 1 h 15 m)
* A certificate of completion will be immediately awarded online upon successful completion of the course including passing a 10-question quiz (with a score of 80% or higher) and completing a course evaluation.
Accreditations and Approvals:
This activity has been evaluated and approved by the Continuing Education Approval Program of the National Association of Nurse Practitioners in Women's Health for 1.25 contact hours, including 0 contact hours of pharmacology. NPWH Activity number 19-07. Each participant should claim only those contact hours that he/she actually spent in the educational activity.
*Course Date: 1/2019. All content presented herein has been collected and presented with the best knowledge and intent possible at the time of recording.
Your course will remain active for 90 days from purchase date.