One hour audio in which Dr Alex Quaas, an associate physician with Reproductive Partners San Diego and a clinical assistant professor at the University of California San Diego, discusses the basics of infertility medications.
Participants will be able to:
- Explain how oral fertility medications work.
- State the effectiveness of oral fertility medications.
- Identify the purpose of gonadotropins in the IVF cycle.
- Identify the purpose of human chorionic gonadotropin in the IVF cycle.
- Identify the purpose of gonadotropin releasing hormone in the IVF cycle.
- List the common side effects of IVF medications.
- Explain what ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome is and what causes it.
Nurse/Nurse Practitioner Continuing Education Information:
1.0 Hour CE credit by NPWH (estimated time to complete course 1 h 40 m)
* A certificate of completion will be immediately awarded online upon successful completion of the course including passing a 10-question quiz (with a score of 80% or higher) and completing a course evaluation.
Accreditations and Approvals:
This activity is approved by the Continuing Education Approval Program of the National Association of Nurse Practitioners in Women's Health for 1.0 contact hours, including 0 contact hours of pharmacology. NPWH Activity number 20-12. Each participant should claim only those contact hours that he/she actually spent in the educational activity.
*Course Date: 4/2020. All content presented herein has been collected and presented with the best knowledge and intent possible at the time of recording.
Your course will remain active for 90 days from purchase date.