One hour audio course where Dr. Kathleen Tucker, an embryologist and reproductive physiologist with 25 years of experience, discusses which over-the-counter medications can impact fertility--both for women and men. What non-prescription drugs should you avoid when in fertility treatment or pregnant?
This course is designed for infertility patients, infertility nurses and nurse practitioners, as well as other professionals working in the field of infertility or women’s health.
Participants will be able to:
- Describe the impact of OTC medicines on fertility: male and female.
- Describe the impact of OTC medicines when taken during fertility treatment.
- Explain the impact of OTC medicines on pregnancy.
- Explain any impact of OTC medicines on the child, if the mother took OTC medicines during pregnancy.
Nurse/Nurse Practitioner Continuing Education Information:
1.25 Hour CE credit by NPWH (estimated time to complete course 1 h 15 m)
NPWH Approval Period: 7/3/2019 - 7/3/2021
* A certificate of completion will be immediately awarded online upon successful completion of the course including passing a 10-question quiz (with a score of 80% or higher) and completing a course evaluation.
Accreditations and Approvals:This activity has been evaluated and approved by the Continuing Education Approval Program of the National Association of Nurse Practitioners in Women's Health for 1.25 contact hours, including 0 contact hours of pharmacology. NPWH Activity number 19-11. Each participant should claim only those contact hours that he/she actually spent in the educational activity.
*Course Date: 5/2019. All content presented herein has been collected and presented with the best knowledge and intent possible at the time of recording.
Your course will remain active for 90 days from purchase date.