One hour audio course where Dr. A. Braverman and Dr. M. Gebhart discuss how to effectively and empathetically share bad news with your infertility patients. What will prepare your patients to receive the information? How do you manage the emotions, now and later? Dr. Andrea Braverman is a clinical professor and psycologist in the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at Thomas Jefferson University Hospitals and Dr. Marty Gebhart is a nurse practioner at Mississippi Reproductive Medicine.
This course is designed for infertility patients, infertility nurses and nurse practitioners, as well as other professionals working in the field of infertility or women’s health.
Participants will be able to:
- Explain how to effectively prepare patients by managing patient expectations.
- Outline protocol for effective and empathetic sharing of bad news, Buckman Spikes Protocol.
- Describe the unique aspects of delivering news in an infertility clinic.
- Describe techniques to manage the emotional stress associated with delivering bad news.
Nurse/Nurse Practitioner Continuing Education Information:
1.25 Hour CE credit by NPWH (estimated time to complete course 1 h 15 m)
* A certificate of completion will be immediately awarded online upon successful completion of the course including passing a 10-question quiz (with a score of 80% or higher) and completing a course evaluation.
Accreditations and Approvals:
This activity has been evaluated and approved by the Continuing Education Approval Program of the National Association of Nurse Practitioners in Women's Health for 1.25 contact hours, including 0 contact hours of pharmacology. NPWH Activity number 19-10. Each participant should claim only those contact hours that he/she actually spent in the educational activity.
*Course Date: 4/2019. All content presented herein has been collected and presented with the best knowledge and intent possible at the time of recording.
Your course will remain active for 90 days from purchase date.