Can problems in our immune system cause infertility, miscarriage, or premature birth? In this course, Reproductive Endocrinologist Dr. Daniel Stein, Director of RMA of New York’s Westside office and Chief of Reproductive Endocrinology at Mount Sinai West Hospital talks about how the impact our immune system has on our fertility.
This course is designed for infertility patients, infertility nurses and nurse practitioners, as well as other professionals working in the field of infertility or women’s health.
Participants will be able to:
- Explain how the woman's immune system functions to allow for conception and embryo implantation.
- List four autoimmune diseases that can affect fertility.
- List two autoimmune diseases that directly impact the reproductive system.
- Describe the impact of Mucosal immunity of the female genital tract on fertility.
Nurse/Nurse Practitioner Continuing Education Information:
1.25 Hour CE credit by NPWH (estimated time to complete course 1 h 15 m)
* A certificate of completion will be immediately awarded online upon successful completion of the course including passing a 10-question quiz (with a score of 80% or higher) and completing a course evaluation.
Accreditations and Approvals:
This activity has been evaluated and approved by the Continuing Education Approval Program of the National Association of Nurse Practitioners in Women's Health for 1.25 contact hours, including 0 contact hours of pharmacology. NPWH Activity number 21-14. Each participant should claim only those contact hours that he/she actually spent in the educational activity.
*Course Date: 5/2021. All content presented herein has been collected and presented with the best knowledge and intent possible at the time of recording.
Your course will remain active for 90 days from purchase date.