One hour audio course where Dr. Jason Franasiak discusses how the human body is full of organisms that exist alongside and inside of us, including our reproductive tracts. How these bacteria, viruses, and fungi affect conception and pregnancy and how infertility treatment alters or mimics what exists in nature. Dr. Jason Franasiak is a board certified Obstetrician Gynecologist, board certified Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility specialist, board certified High Complexity Laboratory Director in Embryology and Andrology, and a physician with RMA New Jersey.
This course is designed for infertility patients, infertility nurses and nurse practitioners, as well as other professionals working in the field of infertility or women’s health.
Participants will be able to:
- Identify where the microbiome exists in both the female and male reproductive tracts.
- Identify how the microbiome can impact implantation.
- Describe how the microbiome affects the menstrual cycle throughout a female's life.
- Describe how common infertility medications as well as antibiotics impact the microbiome.
Nurse/Nurse Practitioner Continuing Education Information:
1.25 Hour CE credit by NPWH (estimated time to complete course 1 h 15 m)
NPWH Approval Period: 7/11/2019 - 7/11/2021
* A certificate of completion will be immediately awarded online upon successful completion of the course including passing a 10-question quiz (with a score of 80% or higher) and completing a course evaluation.
Accreditations and Approvals:
This activity has been evaluated and approved by the Continuing Education Approval Program of the National Association of Nurse Practitioners in Women's Health for 1.25 contact hours, including 0 contact hours of pharmacology. NPWH Activity number 19-12. Each participant should claim only those contact hours that he/she actually spent in the educational activity.
*Course Date: 5/2019. All content presented herein has been collected and presented with the best knowledge and intent possible at the time of recording.
Your course will remain active for 90 days from purchase date.