In this course, we talk about Genetics, Genetic Testing, and Miscarriage with Kim Skellington, a laboratory genetic counselor providing pre-test and post-test counseling to patients regarding genetic testing, and Dr. Rachel Gerber, a board-certified Reproductive Endocrinologist and Infertility Specialist.
Participants will be able to:
- List the most common reasons for miscarriage.
- List the genetic tests that are available to use on the product of conception.
- Explain the distinction between PGT-A, PGT-M, PGT-SR.
- Explain the dilemma on whether to transfer a mosaic embryo.
Outline for Genetics, Genetic Testing, and Miscarriage.pdf
Nurse/Nurse Practitioner Continuing Education Information:
Number of Contact Hours
1.0 Continuing Education contact hours & 0.0 Pharmacology hours
NPWH Activity # 22-17
NPWH Approval Period: 1/9/2023 - 1/9/2026
* A certificate of completion will be immediately awarded online upon successful completion of the course including passing a 10-question quiz (with a score of 80% or higher) and completing a course evaluation.
This activity has been evaluated and approved by the Continuing Education Approval Program of the National Association of Nurse Practitioners in Women’s Health (NPWH). NPWH is accredited as a provider of continuing by the California State Board of Nursing, Provider Number CEP 13411
Disclaimer Statement -
NPWH and Creating a Family are committed to ensuring that educational activities are balanced, free from commercial bias, and product promotion. Any commercial products, goods or services displayed or discussed during this CE activity should not be interpreted to imply endorsement by NPWH and Creating a Family.
*Course Date: 4/2022. All content presented herein has been collected and presented with the best knowledge and intent possible at the time of recording.
Your course will remain active for 90 days from purchase date.