In this course, we talk with Dr. Angela Leung and Dr. Poonam Sharma. Dr. Leung is a reproductive endocrinologist at Reproductive Medicine Associates of New Jersey. Dr. Poonam Sharma is a Licensed Psychologist specializing in reproductive issues. She is a long-time member of the Mental Health Provider Professional Group at the American Society of Reproductive Medicine.
Participants will be able to:
- List two medical situations where sperm donation should be considered.
- Explain three common emotional reactions intended parents may experience when they move to considering donor sperm.
- List two medical situations where egg donation should be considered.
- Explain three common emotional reactions intended parents may experience when they move to considering egg donation.
- Explain two reasons parents should tell their child they were conceived using donor gametes.
Outline for Gamete Donation What to Consider and How to Discuss with Patients.pdf
Nurse/Nurse Practitioner Continuing Education Information:
Number of Contact Hours
1.0 Continuing Education contact hours & 0.0 Pharmacology hours
NPWH Activity # 23-08
NPWH Approval Period: 3/15/2023 - 3/15/2026
* A certificate of completion will be immediately awarded online upon successful completion of the course including passing a 10-question quiz (with a score of 80% or higher) and completing a course evaluation.
This activity has been evaluated and approved by the Continuing Education Approval Program of the National Association of Nurse Practitioners in Women's Health for 1.0 CE continuing education contact hours, zero hours of pharmacology credit. NPWH Activity number 23-08
CA CEP Number 13411
Disclaimer Statement -
NPWH and Creating a Family are committed to ensuring that educational activities are balanced, free from commercial bias, and product promotion. Any commercial products, goods or services displayed or discussed during this CE activity should not be interpreted to imply endorsement by NPWH and Creating a Family.
*Course Date: 9/2022. All content presented herein has been collected and presented with the best knowledge and intent possible at the time of recording.
Your course will remain active for 90 days from purchase date.