An overview of fertility preservation and egg freezing. What infertility nurses should know about the process and the decision patients must make. Our course expert is Dr. Taraneh Nazem, Board-Certified Reproductive Endocrinologist with Reproductive Medicine Associates of NY.
Participants will be able to:
- List three factors that influence female fertility.
- Explain how to diagnose Diminished Ovarian Reserves.
- Summarize how birth control affects future female fertility.
- Explain the decision-making process that a woman and her reproductive endocrinologist would go through to decide how many eggs she should freeze.
Fertility Preservation and Egg Freezing Outline.pdf
Nurse/Nurse Practitioner Continuing Education Information:
1.0 Hour CE credit by NPWH (estimated time to complete course 1 h)
NPWH Approval Period: 03/26/2021 - 03/26/2023
* A certificate of completion will be immediately awarded online upon successful completion of the course including passing a 10-question quiz (with a score of 80% or higher) and completing a course evaluation.
Accreditations and Approvals:
This activity has been evaluated and approved by the Continuing Education Approval Program of the National Association of Nurse Practitioners in Women's Health for 1.0 contact hours, including 0 contact hours of pharmacology. NPWH Activity number 21-07. Each participant should claim only those contact hours that he/she actually spent in the educational activity.
Disclosures for Planners and Content Development
*Course Date: 1/2021. All content presented herein has been collected and presented with the best knowledge and intent possible at the time of recording.
Your course will remain active for 90 days from purchase date.