In this course, we talk with Dr. Mark Trolice, Reproductive Endocrinologist and Director of The IVF Center in Orlando and Professor of Obstetrics & Gynecology at the University of Central Florida College of Medicine, and Corey Burke, an embryologist and Tissue Bank Director at Cryos International-USA. We discuss decisions doctors, nurses, and patients have to make concerning eggs or embryos after retrieval.
Participants will be able to:
- Describe the IVF process.
- Compare the challenges between freezing eggs vs freezing embryos.
- List 2 factors that influence whether a reproductive endocrinologist will recommend that a patient do a fresh embryo transfer.
- Explain how genetic testing affects whether embryos will be frozen or transferred fresh.
Nurse/Nurse Practitioner Continuing Education Information:
1.15 Hour CE credit by NPWH (estimated time to complete course 1 h 15 m)
NPWH Approval Period: 10/22/2021 - 10/22/2023
* A certificate of completion will be immediately awarded online upon successful completion of the course including passing a 10-question quiz (with a score of 80% or higher) and completing a course evaluation.
Accreditations and Approvals:
This activity has been evaluated and approved by the Continuing Education Approval Program of the National Association of Nurse Practitioners in Women's Health for 1.15 contact hours, including 0 contact hours of pharmacology. NPWH Activity number 21-20. Each participant should claim only those contact hours that he/she actually spent in the educational activity.
*Course Date: 9/2021. All content presented herein has been collected and presented with the best knowledge and intent possible at the time of recording.
Your course will remain active for 90 days from purchase date.