We talk about coping with the stress of infertility with Dr. Tonya Wood, a clinical psychologist specializing in family planning, pregnancy loss, and infertility. She is the Director of Clinical Training at Pepperdine University and is the 2020 President of the California Psychological Association.
Participants will be able to:
- List three losses associated with infertility.
- Explain the concept of ambiguous loss.
- Identify three ways infertility can add stress to a marriage or relationship.
- Explain how race, ethnicity, and religion can change the way a patient experiences infertility.
- List three things a nurse can do to help patients cope with the losses and stress of infertility.
Nurse/Nurse Practitioner Continuing Education Information:
1 Hour CE credit by NPWH (estimated time to complete course 1 h 15 m)
NPWH Approval Period: 10/29/2020 - 10/30/2022
* A certificate of completion will be immediately awarded online upon successful completion of the course including passing a 10-question quiz (with a score of 80% or higher) and completing a course evaluation.
Accreditations and Approvals:
This activity has been evaluated and approved by the Continuing Education Approval Program of the National Association of Nurse Practitioners in Women's Health for 1.0 contact hours, including 0 contact hours of pharmacology. NPWH Activity number 20-20. Each participant should claim only those contact hours that he/she actually spent in the educational activity.
*Course Date: 8/2020. All content presented herein has been collected and presented with the best knowledge and intent possible at the time of recording.
Your course will remain active for 90 days from purchase date.