In this course, we talk with Dr. Alex Quaas about Primary Ovarian Insufficiency. Dr. Quaas is a Board Certified Reproductive Endocrinologist with Reproductive Partners of San Diego and an Associate Professor at UCSD. Primary Ovarian Insufficiency is a devastating diagnosis for most patients. The course will cover the diagnosis, the causes, the treatment, and how best to help patients with this diagnosis.
Participants will be able to:
- Identify two symptoms of Primary Ovarian Insufficiency.
- Explain how POI is diagnosed.
- Explain how the testing results would differ between a patient with POI and PCOS.
- List three possible causes of Primary Ovarian Insufficiency.
Nurse/Nurse Practitioner Continuing Education Information:
1.25 Hour CE credit by NPWH (estimated time to complete course 1 h 15 m)
NPWH Approval Period: 10/21/2021 - 10/21/2023
* A certificate of completion will be immediately awarded online upon successful completion of the course including passing a 10-question quiz (with a score of 80% or higher) and completing a course evaluation.
Accreditations and Approvals:
This activity has been evaluated and approved by the Continuing Education Approval Program of the National Association of Nurse Practitioners in Women's Health for 1.25 contact hours, including 0 contact hours of pharmacology. NPWH Activity number 21-19. Each participant should claim only those contact hours that he/she actually spent in the educational activity.
*Course Date: 8/2021. All content presented herein has been collected and presented with the best knowledge and intent possible at the time of recording.
Your course will remain active for 90 days from purchase date.